Surburban Wildlife
As previously mentioned in class I live on a farm. However, my family does not really farm. My dad simply uses the barns as storage for his sod trucks. In fact, the vast majority of our seven acres consists of landscaping and a nursury.
I've always loved just sitting on my front porch and looking out across the street at the trees that stretch across the horizon. I also enjoyed waking up in the morning and peering out my window at the deserted fields that surrounded my house. To many people this would probably cause a feeling of emptiness, but for this so called "vacant" atmosphere seems to give me a sense of security. It is what I love to call home.
Walking down the street last week I would catch a glimpse of my "home" in the squirrel I saw running up the tree, or in the flowers planted in the quad. While these images did help satisfy my feelings for "home", they did not give me the same sense of security as my "home" life".
Just as one person can remind you of another person, nature in one area may remind you of nature in another area. So although nature is present everywhere in the world, it is never the same in any two places.
I've always loved just sitting on my front porch and looking out across the street at the trees that stretch across the horizon. I also enjoyed waking up in the morning and peering out my window at the deserted fields that surrounded my house. To many people this would probably cause a feeling of emptiness, but for this so called "vacant" atmosphere seems to give me a sense of security. It is what I love to call home.
Walking down the street last week I would catch a glimpse of my "home" in the squirrel I saw running up the tree, or in the flowers planted in the quad. While these images did help satisfy my feelings for "home", they did not give me the same sense of security as my "home" life".
Just as one person can remind you of another person, nature in one area may remind you of nature in another area. So although nature is present everywhere in the world, it is never the same in any two places.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home