Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Walking Through Lincoln Park

I know that many were not exactly thrilled by our little expedition through Lincoln Park, but by the end of the excursion I felt genuinely conviced that it was a fun and worthwhile trip. Some may argue that learning the history of the trees and viewing parks in the heat was a waste of time or torturous, but i doubt that anyone can say that they have been on a walk like that. It was a truly unique field trip in which I was able to learn more about the subtle natural splendors in Chicago. It was interesting to see how little tidbits of information were able to piece together stories I had heard from years ago such as the dutch elm disease crisis and the asian longhorn beetle invasion. Moreso than anything else I enjoyed the quick trek through Lincoln Park Zoo. Learning of its various uses and reasons of creation made me gain a better respect for parks in general. Oh and being able to see lions and tigers rolling around in the sun was quite enjoyable too. I really can't wait to be able to design my own city walk and drag some friends along with me. I'm sure they will appreciate by the end some of the not so noticeable thrills that Chicago has.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home