Thursday, November 10, 2005

500th Blog

Friends - we have just passed the 500 mark! That's a lot of writing. From my perspective you have done a very strong job indeed with this. It has been an important part of my everyday routine - checking into to how you are engaging with this material, and importantly how you are being creative with these ideas. (I am certainly happy to hear from Stephanie F's that it had value from at least one student's perspective).

I will keep reviewing the blogs until the end of finals week - and anything that you contribute up to this period will count towards your grade. Forgive me not being able to give you a very precise tally - there is no device that allows me to count automatically. After an estimate I made (very very laboriously!) a few days ago, I emailed those of you who had a low count. All others were in the moderate to high range. I would ask you to make an estimate of your own tally so that you can make small amendments before the end of the quarter. I will sit down again while grading and count them again. As long as you are in a reasonable ballpark for the total (20 blogs, 3 for field trips) you will not loose any points for this assingment, assuming that the blogs have been of a reasonable calibre.

Tomorrow is our last class - I look forward to having lunch with all (being catered in class!) and to hearing the remainder of the presentations. I also look forward to see you all around campus for the next few years. This has been a very enjoyable class for me - I hope a few of the things that we have spent time on over the weeks will stay with you for a while.

Best
Liam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home