Tuesday, November 01, 2005

My Trip to LPZ

As per the assignment I made my way over to the zoo bright and early in the morning on Monday. I admit that I expected something very interesting. There were hopes of observing unique traits and behavioral patterns similar to humans, but much that I observed seemed to be habits of lethargic, unenthused animals that have been couped up in captivity too long.

There were some interesting moments such as a mother gorilla showing off her child and the puzzling agression of a chimp towards a mother and her baby. Overall the animals did not seem to do much. The most interest actually came from humans who ran about, made dumb comments, and gawked at the stagnent creatures behind the glass. Maybe this is the ape's equivalent of tv. Watching and relaxing as humans demonstrate odd behaviors in front of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home